Diagnostic ultrasound, also called sonography or diagnostic medical sonography, is an imaging method that uses high-frequency sound waves to produce images of structures within your body. The images can provide valuable information for diagnosing and treating a variety of diseases and conditions.
Most ultrasound examinations are done using an ultrasound device outside your body, though some involve placing a device inside your body.
Why it's done?
Ultrasound is used for many reasons, including to:
- - View the uterus and ovaries during pregnancy and monitor the developing baby's health
- - Diagnose gallbladder disease
- - Evaluate blood flow
- - Guide a needle for biopsy or tumor treatment
- - Examine a breast lump
- - Check your thyroid gland
- - Detect genital and prostate problems
- - Assess joint inflammation (synovitis)
- - Evaluate metabolic bone disease
Our Requisition Forms
The Toronto Queensway Ultrasound and X-Ray requision form can be filled out online and emailed directly to Toronto Queensway Diagnaostic. Alternatively it can also be filled out and printed for your client to bring with them.